I am dying here in my sunless office. I’m missing the sand between my toes, plunging into the cool ocean and parading down Hastings Street, Noosa, with actual beach hair. I’ve been wearing sunscreen at my desk to desperately hold onto that holiday feeling. I’m also peachy keen to continue using my beauty travel kit from my recent coastal jaunt. Today I’m sharing my favourite water babe beauties so you can hold onto that holiday feeling with me…
1. Dermaquest Skin Therapy Algae Facial Scrub, $46. Visit www.dermaquest.com.au With horror humidity and those greasy layers of sunscreen, you simply must give skin a regular overhaul throughout the summer months. This gorgeous gel scrub has jojoba beads to lift off dead skin cells and soothing plant extracts to get skin fresh and glowing.
2. M.A.C Green Gel Cleanser, $35. Visit www.maccosmetics.com.au This is still my all-time favourite foam for fresh and cleansed summer skin. This silky gel has refreshing cucumber and algae extracts for a really nourished but satisfyingly clean finish to skin.
3. Pantene Aqua Light Shampoo & Conditioner, $7.99. Call 1800 028 280. This is the ultimate shampoo for a lightweight feel to hair. The brand spanking new Clean Rinse Technology leaves zero residue and gives good swish factor. Perfect for daily hair washing after swimming or exercise.
4. Shiseido Gentle Sun Protection Lotion for Face & Body, $52. This is a cute compact size for your handbag or travel case and the milky non-chemical formula won’t irritate sensitive skin. It packs a powerful protective punch with 40-minute water resistance and SPF 30+ broad spectrum protection. It uses flower leaf zinc oxide, which doesn’t have the heavy feel of most zinc sunscreens and won’t leave you looking like Casper the Friendly Ghost.
5. M.A.C Mineralize Charged Water Moisture Gel, launching February, visit www.maccosmetics.com.au I am totally head over heels in love with this product. The light, bouncy gel just melts into skin for intense hydration. After a dehydrating day at the beach or a big night out, double cleanse and then slather on this summer-light gel with super-charged water technology. Launching in Australia this February 2012.
So what’s your sure-fire way of holding onto that summer holiday feeling?
Missoni Hand Towel from Spence & Lyda. Still-life photography: Guy Bailey